When a relationship breaks down, we understand how difficult and upsetting it can be if the arrangements for children are not agreed. We can help you resolve these disputes.
It is important to reduce the upset to your children and here are some steps to reduce the effect on them.
- Agree how you and your former partner will behave in front of children
- Listen to your children and ask them what they want
- Clearly tell your children you love them
- Never criticise your former partner in front of the children
- Do not use your children as messengers
- Treat your former partner with respect in front of the children
- Co-operate over issues relating to your children
- Agree arrangements where both parents remain actively involved
Our team of family lawyers have many years of experience in representing parents who find themselves in this situation. A relationship breakdown is not easy and disagreements may occur, but we can support you in sorting things out for the children.
If court proceedings are necessary, we represent you throughout the proceedings. We explain every stage of the process and will guide you through the different factors the court will take into account when being asked to make an order. Our aim is to take the anxiety away from your difficult relationship breakdown and ensure you reach the right legal solution for the children.
We have been representing our clients in family cases for over 30 years. We are different to many firms as we undertake as much of the advocacy in court as we can. This means that you have the lawyer who knows your case representing you in court and presenting your case to the Judge. There are no hidden costs in our service and we don’t charge for three letters when one will cover all areas as some other firms do.
Please call 01865 722383 for an appointment.